Prima Taste Singapore Chili Crab Sauce Kit
Live Sri Lankan crab
Peanut oil (reserved from frying crab)
Chilli Crab Paste **
Crab juice (reserved from soaking crab)
Water (for Step 2)
Extra Hot Chilli Mix **, as desired
Chilli Crab Premix **
Water (for Step 4)
Egg, lightly beaten
** Included in Prima Taste pack
1. In a wok, warm peanut oil for 30 secs on medium heat. Add crab (without shell) and cover the wok. Fry for 1 min, turn crab over and fry for another 30 secs. Remove crab and strain peanut oil for later use.
2. Mix 5 ml fried peanut oil (from Step 1) with Chilli Crab Paste in a wok. Stir for 5 secs on medium heat. Add fried crab from Step 1, stir well, coating entire crab with the paste. Cover the wok. Fry for 30 secs on medium heat. Pour crab juice (from Step A4, found inside pack) around the crab. Mix well for 30 secs. Gradually add 470 ml water.
3. Place shell (from Step A2, found inside pack) over crab, with outer shell facing up. Cover wok for 90 secs. Stir and scoop gravy over crab. Cover wok for another 90 secs, then scoop gravy over crab again. Add desired amount of Extra Hot Chilli Mix.
4. Stir Chilli Crab Premix into 30 ml water in a bowl. Mix well, Add to crab, stir gravy evenly for 30 secs.
5. Pour beaten eggs around crab and stir for 3 secs. Add 5 ml peanut oil (from Step 1) onto crab and stir. Coat crab with gravy.
6. Place crab and gravy on serving platter and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice or crusty bread.
You may use
- Seafood such as lobsters, mussels, clams and prawns.
Store in cool, dry place. After opening, keep pack refrigerated and use within 3 days.
Volume Conversion: 1 cup ˜8 oz / 230 ml