Prima Taste Hainanese Chicken Rice Sauce Kit
What You Need
Hainanese Chicken Rice Premix **
Long grain rice (we recommend Thai long grain rice)
Hainanese Chicken Rice Fragrance Oil **
Chicken stock (for Step 3)
1.2 - 1.5 kg
Suggested Soup Garnish
Soft bean curd (tofu), Lettuce (shredded), Coriander leaves, Spring onion
** Included in Prima Taste pack
To Cook Chicken and Stock
1. To cook chicken stock, fill stock pot with 2.5 litres water, add Hainanese Chicken Rice Premix and bring to boil on high heat. Submerge chicken into the stock with its back facing up. Lower heat and simmer for approx 30 mins.
2. Remove chicken from stock and chill in ice water for 15 mins. Drain well, set aside chicken and chicken stock.
To Cook Rice
3. Mix rice, 610 ml chicken stock(from Step 2) and Hainanese Chicken Rice Fragrance Oil in rice cooker.
4. Stir rice gently after 5 mins and continue cooking. When cooked, fluff rice gently with chopsticks (while loosening rice, avoid the bottom of the rice cooker). Leave at 'Keep Warm' setting for 10 - 15 mins.
5. Put whole packet of Sesame Soya Sauce Oil packet in a pot of boiling water and boil for 2 mins. Remove from heat, cut open packet and pour into a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
6. Chop chicken into parts. Arrange on platter, over a bed of sliced cucumber. Pour Sesame Soya Sauce Oil over the chicken and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with warm rice. In separate condiment bowls, serve Chilli Sauce, Chicken Rice Ginger Sauce and Chicken Rice Dark Soya Sauce as dips.
You may use
- Chicken pullet for tender, juicy chicken.
- Other parts of chicken such as chicken leg or chicken breast.
Store in cool, dry place. After opening, keep pack refrigerated and use within 3 days.
Volume Conversion: 1 cup ˜ 8 oz / 230 ml